1/2 Bunch Fresh Asparagus
1 each Red Onion – Sliced
3 fl. oz. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Hartz Greek Taverna Blend
8 each Roma Tomatoes – Seeded & Diced
2 each Roasted Red Bell Peppers – Diced
4 oz. Fresh Mozzarella – Diced
4 fl. oz. Greek Balsamic Vinaigrette (see Farmer’s Market Salad with Greek Vinaigrette below)
4 each Fresh Basil Leaves – Chiffonade
1. Heat a grill to high.
2. Season the asparagus and red onion slices with olive oil and the Greek Taverna Blend.
3. Grill the asparagus and red onions until slightly charred.
4. While the asparagus and onions are cooling down toss the tomatoes, roasted peppers, and mozzarella in a bowl.
5. When the asparagus and onions are cool dice them and toss them into the bowl with the tomatoes. Toss well.
6. Add the vinaigrette and mix well.
7. Garnish with the basil
8. Serve at room temperature.
* This relish will go well with chicken, fish, and pork.
* This also works well as a dip served with chips or topped on a salad.