2 Tbsp. Greek Taverna Blend
2 Tbsp. Water
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. Honey
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
As Needed 6 Inch Skewers
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
1 Bunch Basil – Torn into 1 Inch Pieces
1 Log Fresh Mozzarella – Sliced & Cut into Cubes
As Needed Cracked Black Pepper
1. Mix the Greek Taverna Blend and water together in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the Dijon mustard, honey and balsamic vinegar.
3. Whisk well.
4. While whisking, slowly add the oil until combined.
5. Set the dressing aside.
6. Prepare the skewers by adding a cube of fresh mozzarella, followed by a basil leaf, followed by a cherry tomato.
7. Drizzle a little of the balsamic vinaigrette over the the skewers.
8. Top with some fresh cracked black pepper.
Grilled Walla Walla Sweet Onions with Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, and a Balsamic Greek Vinaigrette
Today I was inspired when traveling through Walla Walla Washington to make tomorrows tasting. I picked up some sweet onions from a small stand alongside the road. They were just picked a couple of days ago.
5 each Walla Walla Sweet Onions – Sliced
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Hartz Greek Taverna Blend
5 each Roma Tomatoes – Seeded & Diced
10 each Leaves of Fresh Basil – Chopped
1/4 Cup Balsamic Greek Vinaigrette (see Farmer’s Market Salad with Balsamic Greek Vinaigrette below)
1. Heat a grill on high.
2. Season the onions with the olive oil and the Greek Taverna Blend.
3. Grill the onions until slightly charred.
4. Allow the onions to cool.
5. While the onions are cooling combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
6. When the onions are cool, toss in the tomato mixture and mix well.
7. Serve at room temperature.
* This would be great served over steak, chicken, or fish.