Hartz Spice made it’s debut this time last year with it’s dramatic new look with the help of Creative Designer, Don Woodward of Ideawave (www.ideawave.com). It all started with the best ingredients then it was mixed with the best design.
Once again Hartz Spice will be at the Sunset Athletic Club for their annual Holiday Craft Fair from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm on Wednesday November 14th
Hope to see you there!
Sunset Athletic Club
13939 NW Cornell Rd.
Pistachio Crusted Halibut with Pear Chutney
Yield: 4 Servings
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 each Yellow Onion – Julienne
2 Tbsp. Minced Fresh Ginger
1/8 tsp. Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Hartz Moroccan Moorish Blend
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Cup Golden Raisins
2 each Asian Pears – Diced
1/2 Cup Chopped Italian Parsley
1. In a large sauté pan heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion and ginger.
2. Continue to sauté, stirring often, until the onions are slightly caramelized, about 15 minutes.
3. Add the pepper, salt, Hartz Moroccan Moorish Blend, Honey, vinegar, raisins, and pears. Sauté for another 10 minutes or until the pears have soften.
4. Add the parsley and toss.
5. Serve warm with the Pistachio Crusted Halibut.
Pistachio Crusted Halibut
4 each Thick Cut Halibut Filets (about 7 ounces each)
2 Tbsp. Hartz Seafood & Poultry seasoning
1/2 Cup Flour
2 each Whole Eggs
2 Tbsp. Water
1/2 Cup Chopped Pistachio Nuts
2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
As Needed Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1 Cup Pear Chutney (Above)
Pistachio Crusted Halibut Procedure
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a sheet pan with the non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
3. Season the halibut on both sides the the Hartz Seafood & Poultry Seasoning.
4. In three shallow containers add the flour to one, the eggs and water to another, and the chopped pistachios to the last.
5. Whisk the egg and water well together to make the egg wash.
6. Dredge the halibut in the flour, followed by the egg wash, and finally coat the halibut in the pistachios.
7. Place the butter and olive oil in a non-stick pan and place over high heat.
8. When the butter begins to sizzle place the halibut in the pan and sear for 30 seconds. Flip the halibut over and sear the other side for another 30 seconds.
9. Transfer the halibut to the prepared sheet pan.
10. Place the sheet pan into the oven and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the halibut is cooked.
11. Remove the halibut and transfer to a plate. Top with the Pear Chutney.
12. Serve and enjoy.