Coconut Moroccan Basmati Rice with a Hint of Lime
Yield: 8 Cups
2 Cups Basmati Rice
4 Cups Liquid (1 Can of Coconut Milk (about 1 1/3 Cup of Coconut Milk) about 2 1/3 Cups of Water)
1 1/4 tsp. Hartz Moroccan Moorish Blend
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 each Lime (Peeled using a Vegetable Peeler, Zest the Remaining of the Lime, and Juiced)
1. Rinse the rice until the water runs clear then drain.
2. Bring the coconut milk, water, Moroccan Moorish Blend, salt, and lime peel to boil in a pot.
3. Add the rice and bring back to a boil.
4. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer covered for about 15 to 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
5. Once the water is absorbed, remove from the heat and keep covered for about 3 minutes.
6. Remove the rice from the pot into a shallow dish using a fork.
7. Add the lime juice and fluff using the fork.
8. Serve and garnish with lime zest.
* Serve with chicken, fish or pork and fresh pineapple.