Here is a simple recipe to make a Greek Vinaigrette using the Greek Taverna Blend spice.
Yield: Serves 4
2 Tbsp. Greek Seasoning
2 Tbsp. Water
½ Cup Olive Oil
¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Greek Seasoning and the water. Mix well and let stand for a few minutes.
- Add the oil, vinegar, honey, and mustard. Whisk until combined.
- Allow the vinaigrette to stand covered at room for fifteen minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve with your favorite greens or over drizzled over tomatoes.
For the tomato salad
- Slice 2 pounds (about 6 medium) ripe tomatoes and arrange on a plate.
- Thinly slice a red onion and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Chop about 10 slices of cooked bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle about 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese over the top.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.